Yes, the WIPocalypse is officially upon us! Here is my January update with my current WIPocalypse WIP list, including status updates:
My current WIP pile:
- Northern Pine Designs – Geometric II
- Mill Hill – Spring Weathervanes – Floral Vase
- Jenna Magee – Purin – mounted onto scroll bars and ready to go
- Just Nan – Over the Top – Grow! (Tin Topper) – current focus piece
- Lody Steward – Pagoda Pincushion
- Chatelaine Designs – Micro #1
- Lizzie*Kate – Dog Lessons For People
- Nora Corbett – The Sunflower Fairy – FINISHED!
- The Victoria Sampler – Heirloom Memories Sampler
- Chatelaine Designs – Tiny Rose Mandala Garden – FINISHED!
- Leisure Arts – Pooh Sweet Dreams Afghan
- Dimensions – Bonsai and Buddha
- Roz Watnemo – Flower Garden
- Mirabilia – Fairy Moon
- Mill Hill Treasured Spring Sampler Kit – Flower Basket Fantasy
- Jeanette Crews Designs – Computer Wizard – Started February 14, 2007
- Giraffe Pillow
As you can see, I have added links to current progress photos for the ones I have available. I’m taking pictures as I pull them out.
I have two finishes to report already! Nora Corbett’s The Sunflower Fairy and Chatelaine Designs’ A Tiny Rose Mandala Garden. To be fair, The Sunflower Fairy was nearly complete.
Here are the before and after pics:
The Sunflower Fairy, as of December 28, 2011:
Completed January 2, 2012:
She will be dropped off tomorrow night for framing.
A Tiny Rose Mandala Garden, as of January 3, 2012:
Completed January 7, 2012:
This one will also be dropped off tomorrow night for framing.
Now I have moved on to a very small piece – Just Nan’s Over the Top Grow! tin topper. I needed something that I could work in hand, as working on a stand for several hours every night for a week hurt my shoulders. I suspect my momentum will slow down a bit, as I really have some other hobbies and personal work that I have completely ignored since the beginning of the holidays! 😆
So, there you have it! I need to remember to take a picture of the current WIP today, before I get too far along, so that I can show my progress next month. I suspect I may have this one finished by then and have moved on to a bigger piece. Those I will have to rotate between so that I don’t get too bored and stop making progress on the WIPocalypse in general.
Ok…so Leslie should not have more than one tab open at a time with blogs to comment on:) Feel free to delete my previous comment, Jenna. Congrats on finishing you Sunflower Fairy. I love the Valdani colors she used, although I must say from using it on other pieces I am still not a huge fan of the threads. I found they tangled a lot. How do you like them?
Good start to your finishing. Sunflower Fairy is awesome.
Terrific progress! Beautiful stitching!
Hey, finishes are a great way to start 2012, congratulations!
She’s a lovely fairy, very warm colors, I like it! And anyone who can finish a Chatelaine of any size has something to crow about, IMO. 🙂
Those tow finishes are beautiful. I can’t get over how much you did on the Mandala – it is amazing. I will enjoy watching your progresses!
Very pretty. I think I Have that fairy design somewhere.
Two finishes already! Congrats. Both are lovely.
Wow – 2 finishes already! Way to go!!!