I have now had my first official stitching finish (not just a finish-finish) of the year. When I was putting away some stash a few weeks ago, I found that I have my own copy of Lizzie*Kate’s Good Things design. You may remember that I stitched a version for myself as part of a traveling pattern group a couple of months ago. Once I found that I had a copy, I decided to do it again for a fellow stitcher who lost her stash in a house fire. I was told that she likes peach tones, so this is what I came up with:
I had to leave off the border because I stitched it on 28 count fabric instead of 32 count fabric and I still wanted to fit it into a 5×7 inch frame that I had on hand. I actually framed it properly, lacing it to a piece of mat board instead of just ironing interfacing to the back. It definitely turns out nicer when laced, but if the frame is just a standard picture frame, there isn’t really enough room for a laced piece. Trying to put the easel back on afterwards without flattening the stitches isn’t always possible. The corners of this one are a bit squashed, but over all, it’s not bad.
The recipient emailed me today to let me know that she received it and was pleased with it, so I’m happy. After completing that project and framing it, I found and brought out my last PIF piece and put some more stitches into it. I should be able to finish the stitching on it over the next week or so, depending on what things I have scheduled after work.
Speaking of schedules, it is WAY past my bedtime and we have places to go later. Happy Sunday!